Crystal’s Bahamas Sailings Open to ‘Record Bookings’
by Daniel McCarthy
Photo: Emi330/Shutterstock.com.
Crystal Cruises’ first sailings in the Americas since last March opened to the line’s single biggest day of bookings in its history.
Crystal, which announced its return on March 11 with sailing starting on July 3, said on Friday that it has received reservations from more than 4,000 travelers, accounting for more than 25% of the capacity for the 16-sailing season, within the first 24-hours of opening bookings.
That includes almost 200 guests boking back-to-back voyages on Crystal Serenity, some of which are planning to spend more than 40-days onboard after a year-plus of no cruises. It also includes bookings that filled 80% of Crystal Serenity’s butler-serviced Crystal Penthouses, the ship’s biggest suites, along with “tremendous interest in its other top suite categories including Penthouse Suites and Seabreeze Penthouses.”
“We are thrilled by the wonderful response to these new sailings. It’s clear that travelers have been eagerly looking forward to exploring again and are as excited to see Crystal Serenity return to sailing as we are,” said Jack Anderson, Crystal’s interim president, and CEO.
“We are incredibly grateful to our loyal Crystal guests and our valued travel partners for their support as we begin to emerge from what has been an unprecedented year for everyone.
Crystal will sail Serenity in the Bahamas through October. The sailings will be done with a reduced capacity, which Crystal said will guarantee passengers double the amount of space that they typically get on contemporary cruise lines. All guests must also be vaccinated at least 14-days before boarding, a requirement that the line had already announced.
Fares start at $1,999 per guest, including a $500 Book Now savings and a $500 air savings.

